About The Vitamin Gal
Welcome to The Vitamin Gal!
I also help you to choose which natural, organic and otherwise healthy products are right for you and your loved ones.
About Me – The Vitamin Gal
Over the past 25+ years, I have acquired a lot of information on nutrition, and on how vitamins and other supplements can assist with having a healthy body – often also assisting with a healthy state of mind. In short, I have discovered that among other things, nutrition and natural, organic foods and products can play a very large part of healthy, happy everyday living.
A bit of a story – In my mid-twenties, I held a job for several years that involved being a liason between people (needing assistance with their health) and doctors – including MDs, chiropractors, nutritionists and other types of natural healing practitioners. In the course of this job, it became necessary for me to learn about various types of ailments, as well as finding out a good deal about which types of vitamins and other supplements can be used when addressing specific types of difficulties.
In short, this job was all about one thing: Finding out what was a person’s physical problem was, and sending them in the right direction for real help.
During this time, I discovered something that was both pretty surprising and a wonderful relief…
We Can Be Our Own Best Experts When it Comes to Our Health.
Why I Created This Website
Usually I would hear back from them, and they would say to me, “Hey, that worked!”
A bit of a disclaimer here: I am absolutely, positively, not a licensed practitioner of any kind of medical or other health practice. I am simply someone who happens to be pretty well-educated through experience and “book learning” on the subject of nutrition and health, and I happen to give a damn about my and others’ well-being and happiness.
Something that makes me sad: Hearing a story from someone who got onto some sort of dangerous prescription drug, or took their doctor’s advice on some sort of surgery on a problem that probably could have easily been handled with simple chiropractic or nutritional treatment.
(I especially feel discouraged when I hear about a parent who has put their child on some sort of mind-altering or otherwise dangerous medication for a “disorder” when quite possibly the real problem could be nutrition-based – or something else that could be much more easily and safely addressed. By the way, you can find out more about that here, and you can find some great alternatives here.)
What I Believe
On Nutrition, Vitamins and Other Natural Remedies:
- Natural and organic foods and other nutrition make a big difference in one’s energy level and overall health
- Drinking water – a lot of it – is under-rated.
- A very large majority of physical problems can be addressed by natural means, including vitamins, supplements, herbal and other remedies.
- Medical doctors (MDs) have their place in this world, but too many people rely on them when simpler, more practical, and more workable solutions are available.
- “Getting in the basics” – enough sleep, healthy food, plenty of veggies, lots of water – can handle (or prevent) many, many physical problems.
- The occasional “no-nos” (pizza, cheeseburgers, ice cream, etc.) are some of life’s joys, and are an absolute must. Uh, once in a while that is.
On Life In General:
- No one knows more about, or is more of an expert on you, than you.
- At least 5 or 6 doses of laughter a day is a must.
- If something seems complicated, or is complicated, there is something wrong with it.
- “The News” on TV should be outlawed. (Or, at least replaced with real news that people need to know instead of “all the worst news that makes people afraid to walk out their front door.”)
- Walking (or jogging) daily provides more mental therapy than any psychologist or psychiatrist on the planet could ever give.
- See someone who could use some help? Help them. Follow that impulse to help – don’t hold back. Now… how does that feel? 🙂
- Children are the smartest people on the planet – they see life in a very simple light, with simple values and have much wisdom to pass along.
- People should absolutely, positively do what they love for a living – or at least work toward that goal.
- For God’s sake – have some fun!
My Goal With This Website
I hope that this website in some way helps you or touches your life even in the smallest of ways. Either you get a little tiny tidbit of information, a helpful tip, or perhaps are even using the site as a regular resource to find out about vitamins and other remedies.
One of my favorite things in the world is hearing back that I have helped someone. So, if I have, or if you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below or use the contact form on this website. I would love to hear from you!
All my best to you,
Author: Tonya B.
Tonya is the founder and creator of The Vitamin Gal.
With her long history of learning and experience on health, vitamins, supplements and nutrition in general, she enjoys sharing her knowledge and tips with her friends, family and with you, our visitors.