Even those with healthy diets and lifestyles need an extra “leg up” when it comes to health and nutrition. There are all kinds of things that can enter in to effect someone’s health including a deficiency in vitamins and minerals, environmental factors and/or earlier nutritional habits or illnesses. Any or all of these factors may effect and weaken the body’s defenses and keep it from functioning at a normal, healthy level.
Obviously, it is highly beneficial to take vitamins to boost the immune system and general health, but it can be difficult (and time consuming) to determine which vitamins to take, in what combination and how many to take.
That’s where the best daily multivitamins to boost the immune system come into play – they can provide with additional nutrition, and give you the right combination of vitamins and other nutrients to give you the daily immune boost you need.
But – not just any multivitamins or immune supplements will do. They are certainly not all created equal – you might be surprised at how poorly some products on the market actually work (even some very popular vitamin brands).
My recommendation, if you are looking into the right vitamin product to fill your needs, is this: Choose an immune multivitamin that is truly high-quality, is based on natural and healthy ingredients, and is already known to produce results.
That is exactly the reason I created this guide – to help you find just the right immune system multivitamins to fill your needs.
Tip: Use the menu below to find the right group for adults, women, men, kids or teens.
- Best Multivitamins for Adults to Boost the Immune System
- Best Women’s Multivitamins to Boost the Immune System
- Best Men’s Multivitamins to Boost the Immune System
- Best Kids’ Multivitamins to Boost the Immune System
- Best Immune-Boosting Multivitamins for Teens
- What Nutritious Foods Can Help Strengthen the Immune System?
- Final Notes on the Best Multivitamins for Immune System Boosting
Best Multivitamins for Adults to Boost the Immune System
Perhaps especially us grownups are targets for elements that add a great deal of stress to the immune system. Given that fact, it is important for short and long-term health to provide ourselves with something powerful enough to support the various functions of the immune system.
There are a number of available vitamins that have multiple parts to it, all working together to give us the support that will prevent illness and help to give us long-term health.
Here are 3 of the best multivitamins for adults (both women and men) that help to boost the immune system:
SuperNutrition Super Immune Multivitamin
• Extremely effective, high-potency multivitamin
• Scientifically proven to support and strengthen immune system
• Additionally helps with healthy bones and heart
• Includes key vitamins that are known to work well together for both nutrition and immune boosting
• Vegetarian Friendly, dairy-free, gluten-free and free of artificial ingredients
• Extremely bio-available (readily used by the body)
These multivitamins are so powerful that they contain up to 3 times the amount of nutritional ingredients compared to other similar leading products.
Give your immune system a daily boost, increase energy levels and enjoy what it’s like to feel younger again.
These organic, whole-food supplements contain nutrition needed daily in a form that the body “agrees with” most readily – assimilating much faster when compared to other vitamins. Helps to keep heart and bones healthier too!
The ingredients list is rather extensive, but some of the highlights include Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
• These vitamins are not intended for children.
• Recommended to take multiple times per day (see product details for more information).
Emergen-C Immune+ Gummy Vitamins
• Available in a few flavors – Super Orange, Raspberry, Cherry and Blueberry-Acai
• Contains a high potency of Vitamin C, plus Vitamin D and antioxidants – key nutrients for the immune system
• Delicious taste and fun to eat
• Flavored and sweetened naturally
• Also available in chewable vitamins or a fizzy drink mix
Emergen-C is a tried and true brand that is well known for its antioxidants and vitamins – always to some degree helping the immune system. But the Immune+ lineup adds some vitamins that work together well to give your body a pretty powerful boost in nutrition and even more of a helping hand to immune functions.
These vitamins are one of the most well-known and much loved for their taste and effectiveness.
Ingredients include Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6 and B12, Biotin, Zinc and Manganese.
Recommended for teens age 14 and up, and adults. This supplement is not intended for children. Adult dosage is 3 gummies per day.
Vitafusion Immune Well Gummy Vitamins
• Contains a high potency of both Vitamin C and Vitamin D, which work together well to give some help to the immune system
• Contains 75 mg of Echinacea for further immune boosting
• Contains zinc, a mineral that also helps immune system
• Great taste
For many of us, it is easier to take vitamins when they have a yummy taste. Luckily there are products that allow us to do this – Vitafusion Immune Well Gummy Vitamins are an example of this.
Not only do these vitamins contain immune-boosting vitamins, but with Echinacea included as well, it is also quite effective for helping to get rid of existing “nasties” like colds, flu, etc. and to further boost the immune system.
This is a repeated “find” on a number of different well-known health food and vitamin websites, consistently getting far above average reviews for its taste and effectiveness.
Each daily serving size (3 gummies) contains a good amount of Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc and Echinacea Purpurea.
Best Women’s Multivitamins to Boost the Immune System
Women have special needs when it comes to nutrition – not only should we be supporting our immune systems, but what about the special stresses that women’s bodies experience?
There are truly some excellent daily multivitamins that are designed specifically for women, also giving our immune systems a boost that will keep us going strong and help protect us from illnesses – both short and long-term.
Here are 3 of the best women’s multivitamins to boost the immune system:
New Chapter Every Woman’s One Daily Multivitamin
• Promotes bone strength and stronger immune support with Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, Zinc, and Vitamin A
• Concocted from real, whole foods with power punches of organic Chamomile, Ginger, and Turmeric
• Once a day multivitamin that you can take on an empty stomach or with food
• Combats bodily stress with fermented superfoods and well-blended, probiotic-laden herbs
• No sweeteners, fillers, chemicals, or animal products
New Chapter Every Woman’s One Daily Multivitamin is a positive health revolution. Sometimes it seems like we ladies carry the weights of the world on our shoulders, which can significantly, negatively affect our health. However, this multivitamin is rife with vitamins, nutrients, and superfood extracts, each working as a whole to strengthen our bones, combat our stresses, and build up our immune systems.
This multivitamin is made with fermented whole-foods, each harvested at the peak of ripe nutrition.
The fermentation process assures that your body is capable of healthily, easily digesting and absorbing each important nutrient, from Vitamin A, C, and D3, to the ever-important, immune-boosting power of Zinc.
Gaia Herbs Daily Wellbeing Supplement for Women
• Includes a nutrient-dense blend of Vitamin D3, Calcium, and Magnesium
• Also includes inflammation-fighting Turmeric, immune-boosting Seaweed extracts, and cell-purifying Rosemary Leaf extract
• Contains pure herbals extracts of Siberian Rhodiola Root to combat stress
• NOTE: Not for use while pregnant or breastfeeding
• NOTE: Certain conditions may warrant consultation with a doctor before taking. See product details (from a shopping resource below) for more details.
Gaia, the goddess of Greek Mythology, was another name for Mother Earth. She represented women and all of the good, healthy things that came from Earth to nourish and nurture. Hence why this brand is a well-established favorite among health-conscious women.
Gaia Herbs Daily Wellbeing Supplement for Women combines nutrient-dense, whole herbs in their purest forms to give women a power punch of nutritional benefits.
Benefits-wise, this multivitamin promotes a fully functioning and healthy immune system. There are two kinds of Turmeric to combat inflammation, a significant dose of Vitamin D3 and Calcium to strengthen bones, and a heavy hit of Magnesium for quick, easy absorption.
Take two capsules once daily, preferably with your first meal.
Vimerson Health Women’s Daily Multivitamin
• Rich in antioxidants and natural vitamins, like Vitamin C, Magnesium, Vitamin E, Zinc, and Calcium
• Improves mental clarity, bolsters immune health, and rejuvenates skin cells for a younger, vibrant appearance
• Combines Cinnamon and Pomegranate Seed to prevent damage to cells from the inside out
• Wild Yam Root and Cranberry Extracts mingle to stabilize hormones, strengthen bones, and support heart health
• One of the best multi-vitamins for women in their 30s, 40s, and 50s
Many women find it hard to combat the effects of getting older, and heaps of those effects affect us when we hit our 30s and onwards. Bummer.
However, Vimerson Health Women’s Daily Multivitamin takes a few extra steps to ensure all-encompassing good health.
These vitamins combine whole, organic herbs and minerals, such as Folic Acid, Magnesium, Cinnamon, and Cranberry—all to promote, strengthen, and bolster the overall great health of a woman’s mind and body.
• Spirulina lowers blood pressure, reduces cholesterol, and promotes stronger hair and nails (as does Biotin).
• Garlic combats infections and fends off illnesses. Echinacea relieves aches and pains, reduces swelling and redness, and offers hormonal stability.
All good things, all in this multivitamin.
Best Men’s Multivitamins to Boost the Immune System
Men also have their own special needs, with their own unique set of stresses and strains that even everyday living can dish out.
Whether men are super-active on a daily basis or lean a bit more toward being desk-bound in their work-a-day world, here are some excellent choices to give men the extra vitamins and nutrition that their bodies need – plus a nice boost for their immune systems.
Here are 3 of the best men’s immune-boosting multivitamins:
Rainbow Light Men’s One Food-Based Multivitamin
• Complex juice blends of Kale, Spinach, Beet Roots, and Dandelions to promote natural energies, strong immunities, and a sharp mind
• Supports overall, all-encompassing health of the heart, reproductive systems, and prostate
• Contains a dose of Spirulina to rehydrate cells from the inside out, and promote good health with essential amino acids
• Great vitamin replacement for anyone with problems eating a recommended daily allotment of vegetables
• NOTE: Take these multivitamins with a full glass of water for easier swallowing and absorption
Rainbow Light, the brand name, represents all of the beautiful colors of nature’s bounties, like natural herbs, nutritious vegetables, and ripe, mineral-rich fruits. The blend of natural elements makes the Rainbow Light Men’s One Food-Based Multivitamin a perfect one-a-day for vegans and vegetarians.
Some of the benefits to consistently taking this multivitamin include improved sexual and reproductive health, increased stamina and energy, keener brain power and sharper focus, and strengthened immunities for better health overall.
The juice complexes within this multivitamin include super-nutritious, green foods, like Kale and Spinach, both of which have been proven to cleanse your body of unhealthy toxins, while fortifying good health with natural vitamins and minerals.
Nature’s Way Alive! Once Daily Men’s Multi-Vitamin
• Complex blend of 22 nutrient-rich vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin D3, and Vitamin B6
• Includes digestive enzymes for easier, quicker, smoother digestion and absorption of nutrients
• 14 green veggies, including Spinach and Asparagus, to bolster immunities and strengthen cells overall
• Includes Lutein for better eyesight and overall eye health
• NOTE: Consult a doctor before use if you have diabetes, high blood pressure or kidney disorders
For men on the go, there’s Nature’s Way Alive! Once Daily Men’s Multi-Vitamin—a nutrient-rich once-a-day that packs a punch of powerful and beneficial vitamins and minerals.
Nature-made and essential, of course. The blend is complex and comprehensive, inclusive of 12 organic mushroom powders, 14 fruits and veggies, 22 vitamins and minerals, and 12 digestive enzymes.
What makes this multivitamin different is the combo powder blend of fruits and veggies, each beneficial with their own respective vitamins. For example, are loaded with Vitamin K and Vitamin C for weight management and improved heart health. Whereas, Cucumber is rich in Pantothenic Acid and Silica, which is good for keener eyesight, clearer skin, and stronger hair and nails.
Vitafusion Men’s Gummy Vitamins
• Naturally sweet and delicious
• Supports faster, stronger metabolism, while strengthening muscle fibers and improving immune health
• Combines 5 potent Vitamin B compounds for all-encompassing better health
• Great source of Vitamin C and Vitamin E for eye, joint, skin, heart, reproductive, and muscular health
• NOTE: Yummy? Yes—but, to avoid vitamin toxicity, you should stick with the recommended dose of two gummies per day
Gummies for guys? You betcha. Vitafusion Men’s Gummy Vitamins are delicious and naturally sweet, with the essences of berries, like blueberries and raspberries, for taste.
Take two gummies on a daily basis, either alone, with water, or with a meal.
Vitamins-wise, these multis include Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12, and Zinc. Please note that this multivitamin also contains gelatin, glucose syrup, and less than 2-percent of sucrose for added sweetness.
NOTE: If you order these gummies online, be aware of the temperatures in your area. These gummies may melt in excessive heat.
Best Kids’ Multivitamins to Boost the Immune System
As a parent, I can attest to the fact that immune-boosting is a special part of nutrition. Of course, we want to keep our children healthy, and to protect them from all of those “nasty bugs” that can be floating around at school or elsewhere.
Children – while quite a bit more resilient than adults in terms of their immune systems – are nevertheless targets for cold and flu season, among other things.
Here are 3 great choices in immune-boosting multivitamins that kids love:
Rainbow Light Kid’s One Food-Based Multivitamin
• No allergy triggers, like gluten, wheat, peanuts, soy, eggs, milk, and shellfish, to worry over
• Supports digestive health with quick absorption that’s easier on the tummy
• Includes complex vegetable and fruit juice powders, with natural, nutrient-rich vitamins and minerals
• Supports and encourages overall health of eyes, joints, muscles, bones, brain, skin, and heart
• Promotes tummy health and better, deeper sleep habits with herbal extracts from peppermint, ginger, and chamomile
• 100-Percent natural with zero sweeteners or artificial components
Rainbow Light, so named for their pride in nature-made vegetables, fruits, and other all-natural elements, is a brand that parents can say care about the kiddos of the world. Their multivitamins are 100-percent natural and nutrient-packed, with zero sweeteners, allergens, or artificial ingredients.
Rainbow Light Kid’s One Food-Based Multivitamin includes a combo of fruit and veggie complexes, like Beets, Dandelion Greens, Spinach, and Kale. All of which promote good health by strengthening immunities, improving nutrient absorption, and encouraging better sleep patterns. Other beneficial, essential vitamins include Vitamins A, C, D3, and B.
Take one chewable vitamin daily with a meal or a snack. Naturally fruit punch-flavored and delicious!
L’il Critters Immune C Plus Zinc & Echinacea Gummy Vitamins
• Yummy, natural fruit flavors, including strawberry, cherry, lemon, and orange
• Contains a combo of Echinacea and Zinc to promote overall health of the body and brain
• Boosts immunities to combat colds with a healthy dose of Vitamin C
• Fun, classic gummy bear shapes
• No gluten, dyes, or high fructose corn syrups
L’il Critters Immune C Plus Zinc & Echinacea Gummy Vitamins boasts specific benefits, such as support of a stronger, healthier immune system and rejuvenated cell support.
This multivitamin is revitalizing and delicious, shaped like classic gummy bears to make them fun for kiddos to eat every day. However, while they may look, smell, and taste awesome, you should monitor your children’s consumption to ensure the recommended two-a-day gummies.
Aside from Vitamin C for immune system and cell support, these multivitamins also contain a combo of Zinc and Echinacea. Zinc supports digestive health, a general boost of immunities, and prevention of ear and respiratory infections. Echinacea combats colds, infections, flus, and other illnesses.
NOTE: Recommended for children 4 years and older.
Nordic Naturals Nordic Berries Multivitamin for Kids and Adults
• Tastes like yummy sweet and sour Scandinavian cloudberries
• Chewable for easier digestion and quicker nutrient absorption
• Free of GMO and dyes
• Contains essential Omega 3s to promote sharp, clear minds, calmer moods and stable behaviors, and lowers the risk of infections
• Perfect for adults too!
Nordic Naturals Nordic Berries Multivitamin for Kids and Adults features a combo of 10 essential vitamins and minerals, like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, and Zinc. When combined, these vitamins and minerals promote all-encompassing good health of both body and mind for young children.
The Nordic Naturals brand has created a story for children with a focus on their Nordic Berries Multivitamin. The fairytale goes that the cloudberries to make these vitamins can only be picked by Nordic Trolls, at twilight when the berries are most ripe.
NOTE: These multivitamins are for children 2 years and older. Adults can enjoy them too!
Best Immune-Boosting Multivitamins for Teens
Part kid, part adult – teens also have special needs when it comes to boosting nutrition and the immune system.
Many teens are still growing, which is quite a bit of physical work in and of itself, and yet they are undergoing the physical changes of becoming adults that can add even more stress to the growing up process.
With that said, there are some excellent, high-quality multivitamins that are created just for teens, to give them the extra help they need, to protect them and keep them going strong day after day.
Here are 3 of the best teen multivitamins to boost the immune system:
Rainbow Light Active Health Teen Food-Based Multivitamin
• Combines a complex blend of vegetable juice powders, i.e. Kale, Spirulina, Spinach, and Dandelion Roots
• Includes Vitamins A, C, D3, B, Iron, Calcium, and Magnesium
• Ginger eases stomach issues, such as indigestion, nausea, and diarrhea, while plant-sourced enzymes promote good digestive health
• No allergen triggers, such as soy, milk, gluten, sugar, wheat, and eggs
• NOTE: The pills are large, so teens should take them a full glass of water and a full meal
Most teens have trouble getting their recommended allotment of fruits and veggies, but Rainbow Light Active Health Teen Food-Based Multivitamin is an excellent replacement.
These multiviatmins include essential vitamins and minerals, all of which strengthen immunities, promote excellent digestion, support natural stress relief, and bolster better health of mind and body overall. Some of the vitamins and minerals include Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin D, and a complex blend of plant-sourced enzymes and probiotics.
Ginger is a soothing component in this multivitamin. Ginger eases nausea and soothes indigestion. It also means these vitamins can be taken with or without a meal or snack.
Vitafusion Teen Sport Multivitamin
• Fuels natural energies for an active lifestyle
• Supports strong bones, muscle growth, and bolstered, better immune health
• Contains a potent blend of four B Vitamins, such as B12 and B6 for overall health of body and mind
• Pleasant, yummy sourness with a subtle sweetness and berry flavors
• Take two gummies per day
Active teens need a few more vitamins and minerals to keep their health in top-notch shape. Vitafusion Teen Sport Multivitamin is an all-in-one, two-a-day gummy vitamin that packs a wallop of energy-boosting nutrients.
These vitamins are delicious with a subtle sourness to offset the natural, berry-flavored sweetness.
Benefits and vitamins-wise, these multis include 6 Vitamin Bs for cell replenishment and energetic boosts. Vitamin D strengthens and supports strong bones and muscles, while a hearty dose of Vitamin C combats colds by bolstering immunities.
While these vitamins are excellent supplements, they should be incorporated into a well-rounded diet, complete with nutrient-rich vegetables and fruits.
Garden of Life Vitamin Code Family Whole Food Multivitamin
• Supports brain development, normal growth, and a healthier, stronger immune system
• Includes Vitamins B, A, C, D, and B12
• Great for the whole family, from 6 years and older
• Take 2 capsules, with a meal, twice per day
• Contains Iron to promote cellular replenishment and growth
Garden of Life Vitamin Code Family Whole Food Multivitamin is one that can be beneficial to the entire family, kids and adults included. Each supplement is made from a combination of natural, nutritious, raw whole foods, such as ripe fruits and fresh veggies.
The nutritious ingredients list, complete with benefits includes: Vitamin B12 for cell replenishment, Vitamin D and Calcium for stronger teeth and bones, Iron for brain development and overall growth, and Vitamins A and C for general immunity boosts.
For 6 years and older, but especially beneficial to teens that need an extra oomph of all-natural, health-supportive vitamins and minerals. Take 2 capsules twice daily.
What Nutritious Foods Can Help Strengthen the Immune System?
In addition to supplements, it might help to have some awareness of foods that are easily bought right at the grocery store – and that can also give you some help to maintain a strong immune system. Very basic, easy info to follow!
Final Notes on the Best Multivitamins for Immune System Boosting
In today’s world, with our busy, busy, busy schedules – and with the need to keep ourselves going despite all of life’s little surprises and pressures, it is absolutely necessary to get the right nutrition and supplemental help to get healthy or maintain good health.
Most of us don’t need or want to become “the world’s best vitamin expert,” so we rely on various products on the market that will give us what we need (in the right combinations), as well as the word and help of others to give us a bit of guidance.
That said, it is my hope that I have provided just that – the help that you need to find top-quality multivitamins that work for you (or your children), and that will give you what you need to boost your immune system and get or stay healthy.
Please let me know what you think! Has this article helped you in some way? Do you have a question regarding immune system multivitamins or other similar subjects? Do you have some information to add? Leave your comment below!
Related Articles – You Might Also Like…
10 Best Immune-Boosting Vitamins and Supplements
Which vitamins and supplements boost the immune system? Here is the top 10 list…