Top 3 Vitamin C Supplements for Babies Age 1
Get the List!
What’s the best Vitamin C for 1 year old babies? And how important is Vitamin C for babies?
Best Vitamin C: Well, I would say that the best Vitamin C for little ones would have the best natural and organic ingredients, would be popular with parents for quality and effectiveness, and would taste yummy – making it easy for little ones to take.
How important is Vitamin C for little ones? With the amount of growing and building that babies’ bodies are doing, having enough daily Vitamin C is quite important. Vitamin C provides quite a number of benefits for anyone, including protecting the body from disease, collagen production (helping wounds to heal) and many others. But when it comes to little growing bodies, it quite helpful to know that Vitamin C helps the body to create tissues, bones, blood cells and much more. It is truly an important part of daily nutrition!
And – given the fact that Vitamin C is not naturally produced by the body it should be taken in on a regular basis, in one form or another.
What’s here: In this article, you will find…
- A list of the 3 best Vitamin C supplements for 1 year olds
- A good amount of general information on Vitamin C
- Some of the best food sources of Vitamin C
- How much Vitamin C is right for this age group
What's On This Page:
- Top 3 Vitamin C Supplements for 1-Year-Olds
- Why is Vitamin C Important for Babies?
- Which Foods Contain Vitamin C?
- More Ideas on Foods with Vitamin C
- Should I Give My 1-Year-Old a Vitamin C Supplement?
- How Much Vitamin C Should a One-Year-Old Have?
- Final Note from the Author on 1-Year-Olds and Vitamin C
- Related Articles – You Might Also Like…
1. ChildLife Essentials Liquid Vitamin C for Babies, Kids, and Teens
- 4 ounce Liquid Vitamin C natural orange flavor liquid formula for helping promote a healthy cardiovascular system and healthy muscle function and...
- Vitamin C has been thoroughly researched and shown to help support the immune system through daily use
- As part of an effective, year-round daily supplement program for your child, combine with ChildLife Multi Vitamin & Mineral, ChildLife Cod Liver Oil...
- No dairy, eggs, soy, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, corn or yeast, no GMOs, gluten free
Last update on 2020-02-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Yummy taste with natural orange flavor
- Contains natural, pure ingredients
- Protects the immune system, as well as guarding against toxic environmental factors
- Safe for babies 6 months and older
ChildLife is the creator of a number of wonderful supplements for children, including this very popular liquid Vitamin C.
Since it has such a wonderful flavor to it, giving it to little ones is a cinch! It’s naturally flavored and doesn’t contain the “yuckies” of GMOs or gluten.
And its liquid form makes it much more efficient in terms of assimilation than others.
I actually consider this one of the overall best Vitamins for 1 year olds around.
2. Zarbee’s Naturals Baby Immune Support & Vitamins
- MULTIVITAMIN + IMMUNE SUPPORT: These drops feature vitamins A, C, D & E plus zinc to help support a healthy immune system. It's made with organic...
- NATURAL FORMULA: This supplement contains no artificial flavors, dyes, drugs, alcohol, or gluten. Includes special dispensing oral syringe, so you can...
- MADE ESPECIALLY FOR BABY: The littlest ones need extra-gentle care. Formulated with safe, handpicked ingredients, we’ll be there with our complete...
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: From vitamins that help support immune systems to cough syrups that soothe, powerful natural ingredients like dark honey,...
Last update on 2020-03-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Contains not only Vitamin C, but also has Vitamins A, D and E plus zinc to provide even more of a boost to the immune system
- Gently formulated just for baby, with carefully hand-picked ingredients
- All-natural ingredients – no artificial anything or yucky gluten.
- Comes with its own easy-to-dispense dropper with clear instructions
While this product is not strictly what could be called a “Vitamin C supplement,” it does contain it as one of its main ingredients and combined with the additional nutrients, it is probably the best of the Vitamin C choices on the list in terms of immunity-boosting.
If you are choosing a good Vitamin C for your one-year-old based on wanting a good immunity supplement, this would be an excellent choice.
3. Garden of Life Baby Vitamin C Liquid
- For Baby’s Immune Support
- From Certified Organic Real Food. Free from Artificial Flavors, Sweeteners, Dyes and Chemicals
- Pleasant taste
- Certified USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified
Last update on 2020-03-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Good support for the immune system
- Made without artificial ingredients – completely chemical-free
- Formulated with real food ingredients
- Comes from a trusted name in natural and organic supplements
Of the three Vitamin C supplements on this page, this is a good choice in terms of its ingredients and its effectiveness for sure. But while I recommend this product for its quality, it may have a bit of work to do on its taste.
Per reviews, it has been a bit of a problem in terms of giving it to little ones and having them be willing to take it – it sort of defeats the purpose of getting the vitamin in the first place right?
However, if for one reason or another the other 2 supplements above on this page don’t work out for your own circumstances, this would definitely be a good choice for its quality. Maybe you could just get creative on how to give it to your kiddo! =)
Why is Vitamin C Important for Babies?
Vitamin C is important for everyone, but perhaps especially for little ones. It is a critical part of helping bodies to form tissues, blood vessels, and bones – and it helps bodies to absorb iron.
One more thing – given the fact that bodies do not produce Vitamin C on their own, it is a very important part of daily nutritional intake.
On immunity: This is probably the most popular “go-to” vitamin when it comes to helping to boost the immune system as well – Vitamin C is an antioxidant (protects cells from oxidation), as well as encouraging the body to build white blood cells.
In short, its role as an immune-booster is enough in itself to pay a lot of attention to, making sure children get enough of it each day – adults too!
Which Foods Contain Vitamin C?
The short answer to this question is that colorful fruits and vegetables are the ones to turn to when it comes to Vitamin C.
But – some fruits and veggies have more Vitamin C than others!
Below is a chart that gives various foods that contain Vitamin C, along with an approximate amount (in mg) for each, by measurement of food.
Note: For a 1-year-old approximately 50 mg of Vitamin C is considered to be adequate, more than about 400 mg is too much.
|Food||Food Amount||Approximate Amount of Vitamin C|
|Acerola cherries||¼ cup||410 mg|
|Guavas||1 (whole)||125 mg|
|Kiwis||1 (whole)||70 mg|
|Oranges||½ medium orange||35 mg|
|Papayas||¼ cup||22 mg|
|Strawberries||¼ cup||22 mg|
|Sweet yellow peppers||¼ cup||687 mg|
|Broccoli (cooked)||¼ cup||25 mg|
|Brussels sprouts (cooked)||¼ cup||25 mg|
More Ideas on Foods with Vitamin C
There are other suggestions on Vitamin C-rich foods, below is a helpful video (about 2.5 minutes long):
Should I Give My 1-Year-Old a Vitamin C Supplement?
This is a good question and one for which the answer will vary from person to person, depending on the situation.
For those little ones who are picky eaters, it might be tough for them to get adequate daily Vitamin C intake only from the foods they eat.
Given the fact that Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, if there is “too much” taken, the body will generally handle that all on its own by flushing it out. (Although one-year-olds should not get more than 400 mg in a day – too much could lead to diarrhea and/or other digestive issues.)
Make sure that for children as young as one year of age that they receive a supplement that is intended for their age group – a “grown up” Vitamin C will usually contain too much for little bodies to handle.
How Much Vitamin C Should a One-Year-Old Have?
About 50 mg daily is considered “adequate intake” for a baby 1 year of age – More than 400 mg is considered excessive.
However, when too much Vitamin C is taken it can result in digestive symptoms such as diarrhea and nausea. But usually, the human body can handle excesses of Vitamin C since it is a water-soluble (dissolves in water) vitamin, and the body will naturally get rid of it through urine.
Final Note from the Author on 1-Year-Olds and Vitamin C
Yes, it is wise to pay attention to Vitamin C when it comes to daily nutrition for your 1-year-old baby – many people might not put too much thought into whether or not they are getting this into their daily nutrition routine.
But considering the fact that the body needs it (doesn’t produce it on its own), and considering the fact that many little ones can be very picky eaters, it is a good idea to at least check to ensure that they are getting as much as they need in their diets. Plus, it certainly doesn’t hurt to supply a good vitamin C supplement (in the correct dosage, of course)!
I hope that this page has somehow helped you to become more informed about Vitamin C and one-year-olds, and the importance of taking this vitamin in as natural a form as possible.
Thank you for visiting! Make sure to leave comments below on the page if you have anything you would like to add, or if you have any questions!
Related Articles – You Might Also Like…
Many people are aware of the importance of the immune system to health, but there are also a couple of points that many may not be aware of…
Author: Tonya B.
Tonya is the founder and creator of The Vitamin Gal.
With her long history of learning and experience on health, vitamins, supplements and nutrition in general, she enjoys sharing her knowledge and tips with her friends, family and with you, our visitors.