Top 10 Multivitamins for Toddlers Age 2
Should 2 Year Olds Take Vitamins?
While there are varying opinions and situations that are relevant to this question, my short answer is a strong “yes.” The reason – while each child is different in terms of their specific nutritional needs, an overwhelming majority of kids have some sort of vitamin imbalance or deficiency in vitamins and/or minerals – at least to some degree.
The best thing that you can do to make sure that your little one gets the nutrients he or she needs on a daily basis is to provide a balanced, healthy diet and one of the best multivitamin supplements available.
What are the best vitamins for 2 year olds?
For daily nutritional needs, a good multivitamin will at least cover the basics including Vitamins A, Bs, C, D and E.
But – not just any multivitamin will do. In order to get the most out of the vitamins your children take, they should be readily absorbed by the body — so they should come from as natural sources as possible. (After all, why take a vitamin in the first place if the body will not take it in and use it fully?!)
Considering this, in choosing the list of the top 10 vitamins for 2 year olds, I have provided information on the products that are not only popular and highly rated, but are also created from natural sources and are made in such a way that they are more easily assimilated and used by the body.
What about other vitamins?
Many moms and dads with two year olds might be searching for one type of vitamin due to a specific deficiency or perhaps for other needs. So, below I have also included information on the “best of” 2 year olds’ Vitamins C and D, as well as liquid, organic and vegan-friendly vitamins – plus some tips on vitamins that will help increase those toddler appetites!
WHAT'S ON THIS PAGE:
- Top 10 Vitamins for 2 Year Old Toddlers
- 1. Nordic Naturals Nordic Berries Multivitamin Gummies for Adults & Kids Alike
- 2. L’il Critters Gummy Vites Complete Multivitamin
- 3. Nature’s Way Alive! Gummies Multi-Vitamin for Children
- 4. Yummi Bears Organics Complete Multi-Vitamin for Kids
- 5. Rainbow Light Kids One Food-Based Multivitamin
- 6. Nature’s Plus Source of Life Animal Parade Chewable Multi-Vitamins
- 7. Rainbow Light Nutri Stars Food-Based Multivitamin
- 8. Sundown Naturals Kids Complete Multivitamin Gummies
- 9. The Honest Company Gummy Multi-Vitamin
- 10. 21st Century Zoo Friends Multi Gummies
- Best Vitamin C for Toddlers Age 2
- Best Vitamin D for Toddlers Age 2
- Best Liquid Vitamins for Toddlers Age 2
- Best Organic Vitamins for Toddlers Age 2
- Best Vitamins to Increase Appetite for Toddlers Age 2
- Best Vegan Vitamins for Toddlers Age 2
- Final Note from the Author – Do Toddlers Really Need to Take Vitamins?
Top 10 Vitamins for 2 Year Old Toddlers
1. Nordic Naturals Nordic Berries Multivitamin Gummies for Adults & Kids Alike
- Great multivitamin for children age 2 and up (adults can take it too!)
- Contains Vitamins A, C, D, E and multiple Bs – plus key minerals
- Free of gluten, milk, GMOs and artificial flavors
- Kids love the taste
What better way to give your two year old vitamins than with a yummy gummy? There are quite a number of gummy vitamins on this list, but this one tops them all.
Not only does it include the basic recommended vitamins (A, Bs, C, D and E), it also contains additional important minerals including calcium, magnesium, iodine and zinc.
Reviews state that kiddos are actually reminding their parents to give them their vitamins – it tastes great without anything artificial added to it, including sweeteners.
2. L’il Critters Gummy Vites Complete Multivitamin
- Contains the basic daily essential vitamins – A, B, C, D and E
- Flavored with natural sources, multiple flavors of cherry, berry and citrus
- No sugar or high fructose corn syrup
- Widely available in two sizes – 70 and 190 count (275 count can also be found)
Chances are you have seen these vitamins – since their release they have become the best-seller among natural vitamins for kids. I have seen them readily available in grocery stores, as well as discount stores such as Walmart and Target.
Kids love these – when my kiddo was young he loved them too, and I always kept a good supply. The balance of essential vitamins included are just right, and of course you will have no problem getting your toddler to take his or her daily vites!
And – they come in very cute little bear shapes. 🙂
3. Nature’s Way Alive! Gummies Multi-Vitamin for Children
- Contains a total of 14 daily vitamins and minerals including the 5 most important “dailies” – A, B, C, D and E
- Made from real fruits and vegetables
- NO gluten, artificial flavoring, dairy, gelatin, gluten, preservatives – or any other “bad” stuff
- Made from fruit pectin, delicious!
Nature’s Way “Alive” vitamins have created quite a wave in the natural vitamin industry, and with good reason. Known for having a great lineup of adult vitamins and kids’ vitamins alike.
The Alive Gummies have yummy fruit flavors including cherry, orange and grape – and they’re shaped like the fruits to add a touch of fun to eating them.
Definitely another great choice on this list of vitamins for two year olds.
4. Yummi Bears Organics Complete Multi-Vitamin for Kids
- Balanced vitamins to help with children’s growth and development
- Contains 16 nutrients, including the essential daily vitamins A, Bs, C, D and E
- Entirely made from natural ingredients
- Gluten, GMO, gelatin, wheat, dairy free – and no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
The first thing that stands out to me about this product is the name – “Yummi Bears” is definitely catchy! One more thing to make kids love to take their vitamins.
The next thing that catches my attention – and that personally would be a reason to buy it – is the fact that these vitamins are organic.
Delicious in taste, and with more than what could be considered necessary in terms of a daily supplement for 2 year olds, it is definitely a good choice on this list – consumer ratings and reviews are a testament to this.
5. Rainbow Light Kids One Food-Based Multivitamin
- Very nourishing, made from real food
- Contains probiotics especially for kids – helping to boost immune function and digestion
- Friendly for kids with allergies (no gluten, wheat, milk, nuts, soy, eggs or fish)
- In addition to vitamins, this supplement also contains a number of health-boosting minerals
I have always loved the Rainbow Light brand, and their lineup of supplements for kids is wonderful! While my own experience is limited to their probiotic supplement, what impressed me was the effectiveness of it, and how it is based from food (vegetable juice) rather than being man-made. This means to me that the body will “take it in” and use it much better!
This vitamin and mineral supplement is perfect for those two year old kiddos who might need a bit of “filling the gaps” on their daily nutrition.
One more thing – considering the various veggies and herbs that are included in this supplement (kale, spinach, spirulina and more), not only is your kiddo getting additional nutrition, but stomach-soothing and an energy boost to boot!
6. Nature’s Plus Source of Life Animal Parade Chewable Multi-Vitamins
- Whole food based supplement
- Delicious cherry, orange and grape flavors
- Provides 20 nutrients – 16 vitamins plus 8 minerals (including the basic essentials – A, B, C, D and E)
- Free from allergens (yeast, wheat, soy, milk)
- Completely vegetarian-friendly
Another wonderful vitamin for children that is whole-food based. I love this soooo much because that equates to the child assimilating the vitamins more (bodies take in food-based supplements better)!
Two chewables a day is all it takes to give your toddler all of the essentials – plus some.
What’s IN this vitamin is wonderful – ingredients include carrots, broccoli, spirulina (I love!), spinach… Get the picture mom and dad? Kids are not always jumping for joy about eating their veggies – this supplement can give your kiddo a boost that he or she needs.
7. Rainbow Light Nutri Stars Food-Based Multivitamin
- The original among food-based children’s daily chewable vitamins
- Contains key nutrients including the daily essentials – Vitamin A, B, C, D and E
- Gentle – great for sensitive tummies
- Made from wholesome veggies and other green foods
- 100% natural
When I place items on a list (like this one), I normally take a look at the reviews to see what other people are saying about them (not just me). The reviews for Rainbow Light Nutri Stars say some pretty interesting and important things – and for the most part, they agree with my own viewpoint…
This company (Rainbow Light) truly has it nailed when it comes to making vitamins with ingredients that are really effective. The very best way for children (adults too) to take in nutrition is from FOOD – which is what these are made of.
If you are searching for an all-natural way for your little guy or gal to get excellent nutrition (that they will love), this vitamin should work well for you.
8. Sundown Naturals Kids Complete Multivitamin Gummies
- Comes in grape, orange and cherry flavors
- Recommended by many pediatricians
- Dairy, lactose and gluten free
- Contains the basic daily essential nutrients (Vitamins A, Bs, C, D and E)
- Naturally sourced colors
If you are a parent that is looking for “just the basics, ma’am,” then this vitamin supplement could be a good choice.
The ingredients are fewer than some of the other vitamins on this list, but if you are not in the market for additional minerals and other supplements, this could be right up your alley.
One truly fun thing about this vitamin – it comes in different Disney characters! Star Wars, Disney Cars, Frozen and others. That might make your little ones smile!
My own viewpoint – I personally would not choose this vitamin for my own toddler due to the fact that while it does tout the fact that it contains “33% less sugar than leading brand,” that still means that there is sugar in the product. I also am not crazy about some of the other ingredients – specifically corn syrup.
But – since this list is based on other people’s preferences and reviews, and would probably function okay as a daily supplement, I have included it in this list.
9. The Honest Company Gummy Multi-Vitamin
- Contains the essential “daily 5’s” – Vitamin A, B, C, D and E
- Made with organic ingredients
- Multiple flavors including strawberry, orange and tropical fruit
- No GMOs
- Made with fruit pectin (not gelatin) – vegetarian-friendly
I love the company name – “The Honest Company!” That made me want to take a closer look at these kids’ vitamins right off the bat.
Yes, they are made with ingredients that you won’t need to worry about – and they are not hiding anything. 🙂
This supplement – while it doesn’t have tooooo many various nutrients in it – is nevertheless a good choice for those who are just looking for a good, basic daily vitamin for their little two year old lady or lad.
10. 21st Century Zoo Friends Multi Gummies
- Colors and flavors are naturally sourced
- Contains essential daily nutrients, including Vitamin A, Bs, C, D and E
- No added salt, yeast or preservatives
- Also great for adults
I love it when a company produces a great vitamin product that works for either kids or grown-ups! Such is the case with 21st Century Zoo Friends Multi Gummies.
The dosage for a two year old would be one gummy, but if you are mom or dad, you would want to take 2 to get the daily recommended amount of nutrition. (For best results, taken them with a meal.)
One more thing – this company produces variations of this vitamin for kids. For example, if you need a vitamin with a bit of extra Vitamin C, they have it. Need extra D? They have that too.
Note for those concerned about sugar intake – there is a bit of sugar in the ingredients.
Best Vitamin C for Toddlers Age 2
Recommended daily dosage of Vitamin C for 2 year olds: 50 mg
When most people think of Vitamin C, they think about getting a step ahead of cold and flu season (especially for their kids). And indeed, Vitamin C is an excellent way to keep your own little one “proofed” against the nasty bugs that can float around at school and other activities.
But there is much more to Vitamin C than that…
In general, C is one of the best vitamins to boost the immune system (preventing all kinds of illnesses, not just colds and flu), it’s an antioxidant and it has other important health benefits including absorbing important minerals, promoting healthy skin and even more “wonders” about it that make it a must-have for kids and adults alike.
Of all the Vitamin Cs available today, here is the one that is natural, includes the best ingredients and is getting many, many raves in reviews…
Child Life Liquid Vitamin C
- Provides great support for the immune system
- Gluten free
- Natural orange flavor
- Tastes great
When you give kids their vitamins, you want to make sure that #1 they love the taste, and #2 that the vitamins are made from wholesome, natural ingredients. Child Life Liquid Vitamin C is such a vitamin supplement.
Even though this supplement is a great way to add extra C during cold and flu season, it is actually recommended to use it daily in order to provide kids with regular immune support and healthy antioxidants to help keep them healthy.
This is an impressive vitamin supplement, and is definitely one I would buy for my own child.
Big thumbs up!
Best Vitamin D for Toddlers Age 2
Recommended daily dose of Vitamin D for two year olds: 600 IU
Many of us know how important Vitamin D is during pregnancy and nursing, but why would it be important for children to take after infancy? Well, probably all of us should be taking an additional Vitamin D supplement considering the fact that there are so many important health benefits – but for little ones with their hard-working and growing bodies, it is quite important that they get enough in their daily nutritional intake.
Vitamin D is critical for absorption of calcium, which as we all know is necessary for proper bone growth. In addition, it is a wonderful way to give the immune system an additional boost!
Here is the Vitamin D to buy:
Yummi Bears Organics Vitamin D3 Gummy Vitamins
- 600 IU per serving (correct amount for a 2 year old)
- GMO, dairy, allergen and gluten free
- Contains Vitamin D3 (most natural form of D)
- No artificial ingredients
When I looked over this particular supplement, I was at first in doubt of how effective and healthy it would be. Why? Because the vitamins are gummies!
But that – as I found – does not all take away from the fact that not only do these vitamins contain the perfect amount of Vitamin D3 (the best kind, since it is the vitamin that is produced naturally from sunshine), but it also is made from organic ingredients – nothing artificial here!
And of course you might have guessed (based on the name), they are yummy! Kids love them, so it is super-easy to give your 2 year old toddler the right amount of Vitamin D he or she needs each day.
Note: A single dosage is 2 gummy bears, which contains exactly the amount of recommended daily Vitamin D for 2 year olds.
Best Liquid Vitamins for Toddlers Age 2
Liquid vitamins are generally better absorbed and readily available to the body — which is why many of us parents look for them over chewables or gummies for kids.
With the right liquid vitamin, kids will be not only getting an excellent nutritional supplement, but they will love the taste – making it extremely easy to give it to your 2 year old toddler – or children of any age for that matter.
Another aspect that a great kids’ vitamin should have is all the daily essentials plus other nutrients to give their bodies what they need to grow strong and help prevent illness.
Here is the best liquid vitamin for toddlers, based on not only my own criteria, but the opinions and raves from other parents:
Child Life Liquid Multi Vitamin and Mineral
- Provides all the daily essentials – Vitamin A, Bs, C, D and E – plus some!
- Additional essential minerals
- Great immune system support
- Gluten free
- Yummy natural orange taste
This liquid children’s vitamin actually tops the entire list of multiple vitamins for little ones (not just liquids but chewables and gummies too).
In other words – it’s not only the best among liquids, it takes 1st place among the best vitamins for toddlers and kids — period.
Those who are familiar with “going natural” when it comes to nutritional supplements may very well likely recognize the brand name, since it is well-known as providing absolutely the top-quality natural nutrition for kids (adults too).
Note: Dosage for this liquid vitamin is 1-2 teaspoons for 2 year olds.
Best Organic Vitamins for Toddlers Age 2
I am a true believer in “going organic.” Especially when it comes to kids, I have much more peace of mind knowing that they are getting nutrition that is soooo much healthier, helping their bodies to grow strong and healthy in both the short and long run.
So – among all the vitamins for toddlers, which one is the best as an organic “multi” that contains all of the vitamins and other ingredients necessary for proper growth and development?
Here is the one I found:
Yummi Bears Organics Complete Multi-Vitamin
- Wholesome nutrition
- All natural and organic ingredients
- GMO, gluten, gelatin, yeast, wheat, dairy and allergen free
- No artificial colors or preservatives
Even though these organic vitamins are listed earlier on the page (as part of the “top 10” list), they are worth mentioning again – Yummi Bears Organics Complete Multi-Vitamins are worthy of the title, “best organic vitamins for 2 year old toddlers.”
Yes, they are made with wholesome, organic ingredients with no “yucky” artificial stuff. Kids love the taste, and as the label states, it is indeed a complete vitamin – it not only contains the daily essential vitamins, but minerals that are quite important for normal, healthy development of little ones’ bodies.
If you are searching for “the” organic multivitamin for tots, this is the one to buy:
Best Vitamins to Increase Appetite for Toddlers Age 2
Indeed, a deficiency in certain nutritional elements can contribute to a lack of appetite with little ones. While a good balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals is very helpful along this line, vitamin supplements can also play a part.
When looking for a supplement that will help to increase appetite, look for a multiple vitamin that contains Vitamins B-12, D and Zinc. It has been found that these nutrients – when kids don’t get enough – can certainly contribute to a disinterest in food.
Of all the “multis” to use (that contain all 3 nutrients), here is the one that I found has the best ratings as the most nutritional, with wholesome, natural ingredients:
Child Life Multi Vitamin and Mineral
- Contains all 3 nutrients to help increase appetite – Vitamin B-12, D and Zinc
- The top pick overall among vitamin supplements for toddlers age 2.
- Natural, delicious orange flavor
- Great pick in a multiple vitamin for kids 6 months all the way to 12 years of age
If you have taken a look up the page, you will notice that this particular vitamin for 2 year old toddlers has already been mentioned twice. There is a great reason for that – it is an excellent supplement for kids – even babies – up to age 12.
The company that makes this multivitamin is quite impressive and the reviews speak for themselves. In fact, in the reviews that I looked over, appetite increase is specifically raved about!
This vitamin – based on what I have seen – is pretty much a must-have in any household with children! Definitely the one to buy if you’re looking for the best – and kids love the taste.
Best Vegan Vitamins for Toddlers Age 2
For those vegan kiddos, there are some very special vitamins that you should know about – this brand has been new to me until very recently, and I am so glad that I ran across it! It is completely vegan-friendly, and NO GMOs!
(Note: It is recommended by the company that makes it to consult your pediatrician for children under 12 years of age.)
This is the #1 best-selling liquid morning multivitamin, and is good for toddlers, kids of all ages and even moms and dads:
MaryRuth’s Raspberry Liquid Morning Multivitamin
- Excellent vegan-friendly ingredients
- Created by MaryRuth, a certified educator in health and nutritional consultant
- Paleo Friendly
- GMO free, free of gluten, nuts, soy
- Contains the “basic 5” essential daily vitamins including A, Bs, C, D and E – plus additional vitamins and trace minerals
- Completely natural – nothing artificial added and nothing synthetic
I came across MaryRuth’s Liquid Morning Multivitamin when I was doing research on toddler vitamins, and was pleasantly surprised and happy that I would be able to recommend it to strict vegan families.
It is absolutely loaded with good stuff, and in fact due to the quality of this vitamin and its ingredients, it is called “Liquid Sunlight for Your Cells.”
Highly recommended – not only for 2 year old toddlers, but excellent for all ages – kids, women and men.
Note: You will find proper dosages on the label.
PS: The MaryRuth’s brand comes highly recommended for a number of products including not only this multivitamin, but also they create an excellent probiotic and other vitamins and supplements as well. If you are a vegan (or even if you are not), the entire lineup of this nutritional supplements is worth checking out!
Here is a video that I came across on toddler vitamins – while this obviously educated mother is going over which vitamins she gives to her toddler, she also raves about this brand and uses both the probiotic and the multivitamin.
Final Note from the Author – Do Toddlers Really Need to Take Vitamins?
Given the fact that there is very rarely any kind of a risk associated with taking a multivitamin, my personal answer is a resounding “YES!”
The statistics overwhelmingly show that little ones in general are actually deficient in one vitamin or another. Taking a good multivitamin daily is a great idea, and in fact it will likely not only help to keep your child healthy, it also can help prevent future illnesses.
Also, it would be pretty tough to “overdose” on these vitamins – the amounts that would cause any kind of harm are quite extreme.
Here is a video that contains advice on this matter directly from a pediatrician. I strongly agree with what he is saying – an overwhelming majority of children are in need of some kind of vitamin. And – since any child would have to take waaaay more than recommended daily amounts to overdose, daily multivitamins are a great idea in order to make sure their nutritional “bases are covered.”
What Are Your Thoughts About 2 Year Olds and Vitamins?
Let’s chat! I would love to hear your own thoughts, experiences, tips or comments on the subject.
Leave your own feedback in the comments section below…
Author: Tonya B.
Tonya is the founder and creator of The Vitamin Gal.
With her long history of learning and experience on health, vitamins, supplements and nutrition in general, she enjoys sharing her knowledge and tips with her friends, family and with you, our visitors.